Donations for Seminary Tuition

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful for an honest pastor.

     I am thankful to be involved with such a loving church, and learning from a pastor who is following Christ. Often we get blindsided by the reality of the human in our heroes. Well, when we talk it's as though Christ is present over our own selves. We are there, in a manner, as we are intended to be. Fully exposed, but unashamed intellectually, spiritually, emotionally. Explaining the dense matters of marriage, relationship, commitment and 'the dance' to me must have been like explaining pre algebra to a toddler.
     However, I am grateful for the love, gentleness, and patience that went into it.
This experience, commitment and accountability through Church and the pastor, is what I have dreamed it would be like and more. The honesty and love never seem far from each other and more importantly are manifest in the actions, not only the words of the pastor. It is my hope, as scholar or pastor, to reflect the same clarity of the gospel to those around through my life, to reflect the love of God through my relationships, and reflect the truth of the Lord through conversation and writing.
                                          Thanks be to God. 

No comments: